Sunday, September 15, 2013

New yay yays. O(≧∇≦)O

Believe it or not, I FINALLY GOT A NEW WALLET. 
☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆

*Recovers from all the star throwing. Ahem.*

Happiness I am having now could be said to be indescribable by any forms of words. 
I FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY GOT A NEW WALLET. HAHA.
Yups, that's pretty much all that I can say.

Don't be too surprised why I got so happy with a wallet. 
If you know me well enough, I hadn't had a nice wallet since poly year 2 if I should say. 
Didn't knew what got into me, when I felt that I grew out of my trifold Velcro wallet and maybe that day, the heat in Singapore decide to fry my brains a little where I decided to randomly told my mom that I liked a pink wallet I happen to see on the counter while walking through OG. 

Guess what, whining to have a new wallet, my mom got into a decision to get me THAT pink wallet that I randomly said was nice and so I ended up with that. *clap clap*

It was great for a while since I did wanted to try out the different types of wallets and find out what was for me, since all I ever used was those billabong tri-fold wallets primary school kids would pimp up with a shiny dangling long chain across their shorts. 

Apart from that, I also felt that maybe I should make a change, make myself too feminine, get a lady's wallet. Well, pink was also always one of my favourite colour too. Soooooo. Yup. You get the drift.

*Releasing the inner diva in me~* 

It was till some time of usage that I realise that the wallet's huge, thick to be more specific. Definitely not convenient for someone like me who doesn't likes carrying bags around or stuffing my wallet into my pockets so I don't have to hold them and end up losing them (personal experiences; pockets good! Hold boo!) 

Therefore, out of all the misfits, I still carried on with that wallet, forcing to make that wallet fit my needs instead, dumping it around and trying to fit it in my back pocket if I really need to (Yup, I will have an unbalanced size butt cheeks if I do so.) and as time prolongs, wear and tear happens, even algae decide to grow on it. *nods* It's that bad. 


It's still a pretty nice wallet now that I looked at it once more, in fact there are really areas that I really liked such as the coin compartment and the huge card capacity, I even tried a few other girly wallets, longer ones, slimmer ones. They are good in their own way too, but no. Girly wallets, you don't fit me. Really. 
It's like a chinese saying. 勉强是没有幸福的。

That's how I pretty much knew that I had to find a new wallet.
Only this time round with a clearer agenda aside from only looks like the other time. 
I knew what kind of wallet I am looking for. 
Something slim, something classy and of course something that can fit my coins.
Through the various tries in between, I learnt the hard way that coins and phones are never good friends when they stay together. Sacrificed the corners of my iphone for that. BOOOOOO. 

The search was tough, nothing really fitted the bill for a really long time, it was either too ugly, not nice enough or no coin compartment. BOOOOO.

That was till I stumbled across, Bellroy. *The commercial tang tang tang. Haha.* 
I am serious. It was love at first sight, the contrast of the dark brown and the red leather, that's exactly my kind of colour. HOW CAN I NOT LOVE IT. 

I loved it to the extend that I was even ready to sallow the heavy price tag of $169 without any forms of research, but then again I was kinda lucky to the extend that my 21st was coming and everyone, yes, I am serious, everyone; wanted to get me a wallet, cause everyone knew how bad I am already hating my wallet but sadly, nothing really came, after a big round of wooha, I did received a wallet, a kate spade one, which was theoretically speaking more, more expensive than what I could expect for. 

But then again, it is a lady's wallet. Sure, it's pretty, in fact, I liked what I saw, but it's just simply too big. It's definitely a wallet I will carry, but just not now.

That aside, the point is, I still needed a new wallet. 

That's when I started doing research about this very product again, getting to know the plus points and sadly, like every other products, the negatives about this product. Sure, it's slim and such. Sure, it's pretty and such, but sadly, I got to find out that somewhere in the world. People around are not having a nice time using this wallet. There have been instances of people finding it too big, not being able to fit the capacity of cards as promised. The breakage of the leather, the leather being not being in a pristine when they first got it. Even one that really sort of broke the deal for me at one point of time. 

There was this guy on youtube, even had the side stitching of wallet coming off slowly on the first week of usage, and it was so bad that he had to tape it back with the use of super glue. Oh Lord. All that really got me thinking for a while whether this wallet was meant for me and therefore, plan bellroy got on hiatus for a while. 

WHILE I SUFFER WITH A LONG WALLET MY MOTHER GAVE ME.ヽ(≧Д≦)ノ It's so troublesome that I almost left it everywhere I went when I didn't carry a bag with me.

Well, that was until bellroy decided to again appear in my workplace and be sold there. 
I literally was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY

Plus the assurances from people around me, I finally bought it and till this very moment I can say that I am happy with my purchase. 


Just look at this baby! Even the unboxing process is nice. Just look at that packaging! 


Look at the details of the red stitching.  (´∀`)♡


The red part of the wallet that I fell in love with when I first saw it at cine. 
 (´∀`)♡  (´∀`)♡


The lining of the wallet. Just look at that. Not the boring lining you get with normal wallets!
 (´∀`)♡  (´∀`)♡  (´∀`)♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ SARANGHAE YO. 


After about relatively close to one week of usage, I can say that, although this wallet is fabulous from head to toe, it's seriously not perfect, but I like to phrase it another way, that I might have too little experiences with leather wallets as as can be seen from the pictures, it's only been one week of usage, the wallet is already showing signs of softening and aging. 




Just look at the edges, so heartbrokening especially when you are still having the hype of having a brand new wallet. 

Not something I experience from my previous wallets, maybe it's due to the fact that the leather itself is unsealed.
(Bear in mind with the fact that I have been taking good care of the wallet as it's new and also that I have seen another side of the wallets during my experiences of selling it, with the rough usage of customers with the display sets we display out on the sales floor. Our display sets are beaten up! Scratches and cramps.Oh, and not forgetting the youtube reviews!) 

This wallet needs to be taken care of. 
(Unlike my friend's Porter wallet! Looks so much more durable!) 

That's one part I feel rather disappointed especially with the fact that this wallet itself came with a big price tag. At least one that I felt was the biggest I ever had.

I didn't regret the fact that I got this wallet for the fact that I think that I must have some kinds of affinity with it since it still came back to me after so much. Call me Ms superstitious! HAHA. 

Just felt that this should be something that the company should think about. Especially when I am not the only one feeling that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment