Saturday, August 13, 2011

[Review] A-JAYS Three :D

So for people who know me close enough, have been wanting to get to do some reviews and stuff to share how I think on pairs of headphones, earpiece and plugs I spend.
Because personally, reviews usually determines whether I will get that pair of earpiece after I have set my eyes on them whether be it from word of mouth or on the design wise.

So this is going to be my first ever review on one of the earpiece I have owned; the A-JAYS 3 ~


So what has attracted me to lay eyes on these pairs of earpiece was actually the tangle free cable, very similar to the ones from monsters.
I personally liked the flat cable a lot when I see them because they are very different from the usual rope liked cables, they seemed more unique to me but the real deal of those monster cables are really too much I can afford.

So basically, what you would be getting in the box would be what is shown below,

1. 5 pairs of rubber tips (including the one on the plugs itself)
(XXS, XS, S, M, L)
Generally a major plus sign for me since I have ear canals between a small kid and a young teenager, so the medium was always too big and the small are always too small. But with so many sizes to choose from, I did get to choose a size that I prefer.

It is rather important, that you get a good seal for your plugs to maximise your plug's potential, hence the importance of getting the right fit :)

2. 1-into-2 adapter
For situations when you need an extra plug-in port or when you and your friends want to watch or hear something together.

3. 2-in-1 adapter
Not very important, but you will see its usefulness when you're on a plane :)

4. Hard carry case
A must have for me now! :D
You wouldn't one your expensive earplugs to dangle again in your bag and spoil right?
Exceptionally perfect for me since I have the habit of dumping it in my bag. Easy to find since now I place them in the case. But in my opinion, the case's a little small for the earpiece itself.
I have to really squeeze it in. Rather heart aching for me, cause every time I do that, I just feel that my plugs are going to spoil or break sooner.
So I tend to use other cases from my older earpiece to store it instead.

So, for the big question.
How's the sound?
Sound of this baby actually stunned me the first time I put them on, the bass was powerful! I have tried them on various songs ballads, kpop, cpop.
The bass was superb, strong and clear but not to the extend of overwhelming the whole song, there were also clear highs, giving you the details you want in your song and won't exactly sound muddy if you listen to songs that totally have no bass.
*However, do note that the bass on these are still weaker if you compare them to the other models in this A-JAYS series. The other models would offer you more bass, but less clarity.
Good and the bad?

There really isn't much I can complain about this pair of plugs.
But what made me love this baby sort of also made me dislike them to a certain extend.
A good example would be of the flat cables, lovable for design and its tangle-free function. However, it is also due to it that it is more heavier than other pairs of plugs out there, hence, creating sounds when the earpiece rub against one another. It's rather distracting for me.

It is not so bad when you just sitting in front of your computer, plugged in, the problem comes when you are wearing it on the go, walking to school and things like that. I can say, it's definitely not a good pair to wear to work out.

Another thing is the short inserting plugs, its not that it's not good.
It is because of this that the design of the plugs become so minimal and beautiful but yet, it is also due to this that the plugs may not be able to stick in some people's ear for a long time. Personally have not encountered this, but have heard some of my friends say it, so might as well, tell you people about it.

Overall
8/10
I feel that these plugs did worth my money for 98SGD to a certain extent so far for the bass and clarity they are providing me with, something that my previous pair didn't have.
If only the cables didn't have noise. This would be a pair that I would dearly love. But I guess nothing's perfect in the world, we just have to make do with some flaws.
Do feel free to comment me or tag me if you have any enquires or suggestions.
Hope I have helped you in one way or another through my review. ^^ Byes~

No comments:

Post a Comment